PADI IDC Staff Instructor
As a seasoned PADI Instructor, you have wisdom and experience to share with up-and-coming PADI leaders. And, you know that continuing your education never ends.
As an Instructor Development Course (IDC) Staff Instructor, you help bring up the next generation of PADI Instructors while gaining in-depth instructor-trainer knowledge.
The Fun Part
Because IDC Staff Instructors are an integral part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), you set the stage for moving on to PADI Course Director as you present topics in the IDC and help shape PADI Divemasters and Assistant Instructors into PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors
Many dive center or resort management positions require this level of Instructor experience and training, making this an important step if you are considering a career in a Dive Center or you want to open a dive shop or resort.
What You Learn
- You become a master of instructor-level dive theory, knowledge development teaching presentations and confined water teaching presentations
- You audit a complete IDC as a staff member rather than as a student.
What You Can Teach
In addition to all the courses you can teach as a PADI Instructor can also:
- Teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses.
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting the PADI Instructor Development Course.kk
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting instructor-level continuing education.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc.
It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. You can find most everything at your local dive shop
Prerequisites: You must be
- a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer certification
- at least 18 years old
How long it takes:
The IDC Staff Instrcutor requires that the candidate audit an entire IDC as an evaluator. This will take 12 to 14 days. Additionally there will be 2 to 3 days of individual evaluation and training with your Course Director.
In addition to the standard PADI materials needed to audit in IDC each candidate will need a personal copy of the PADI Course Director manual, confined water evaluation slate, open water evaluation slate and the skill circuit evaluation slate